People always ask “How do you eat your Oreos?” Do you dunk them in milk? Pull one half off and lick the cream off before eating the cookies? Eat just the cream and leave the cookies for someone else? (<– Rude). I’ve always been an “Oreo straight up” eater. I don’t do anything special to them; just ate them the way they come. But now I think my answer might have to be smeared with peanut butter, stacked up, and baked into a brownie. Don’t call me crazy.
Chocolate and peanut butter is my new obsession. I know you are probably laughing because this is the oldest combination in the book, but I was never head over heels for it. I’ve always liked Reese’s but if I had a choice of dessert, PB wouldn’t be in it. But over the past few months, something snapped in me and all I want all the time is chocolate and peanut butter desserts. So when I saw a photo of these divine-inspired creations on Pinterest, I knew I had to have them. I scooped the recipe up from Picky Palate and hauled you-know-what to the grocery store.
The best part about these is that they are so easy to make. All you need is Oreos, peanut butter, and brownie mix (and whatever ingredients need to go into the mix). Even if you’re not a baker, you can make these. I used my favorite brownie mix (Ghiradelli Double Chocolate), but it was a little too thick and had chocolate chips in it, which made it harder for the mix to fully surround the Oreo stack. But it still tasted delicious so who’s complaining.
First, prepare the brownie mix.
Then, spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on top of 1 Oreo. Top with a second Oreo, and spread 1 more teaspoon of peanut butter on top of that one. (Note: this doesn’t have to be exact. You can put as much or as little peanut butter as you prefer). Then take the stack of two Oreos and place it in a lined cup in the muffin pan.
Spoon brownie batter over stacks in muffin pan, letting it run down sides of each stack.
Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes and then indulge!
Oreo-Peanut Butter-Brownie Cupcakes
1 box brownie mix
24 Oreo cookies
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
3. For each cupcake, spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on top of 1 Oreo. Top with a second Oreo, and spread 1 more teaspoon of peanut butter on top of that one. Place stack in a lined cup in muffin pan. Repeat with remaining Oreos and peanut butter.
4. Spoon brownie batter over stacks in muffin pan, letting it run down sides of each stack.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes until brownie is cooked through.